[Asterisk-Users] Vonage a provider?

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Fri Mar 11 13:56:20 MST 2005

I don't feel I am mistreating you in asking you not to dump on a noob.
Even if you do not think he is a noob and he is just lazy.

You wrote:

	"Why answer? because I don't want this to happen again. But I
dont' care to help him/her or even you."

Maybe that is a mistake in what you wrote.  I read that as "I don't care
to help him or you".
Doesn't really matter though.  As stated before I was not asking.  Nor
will I be.

I am not making it any better?  Beating a dog does not make it stop
pissing on the carpet.
Taking it outside and teaching it to use the lawn does.  Which one of us
is beating the dog?

Some people get overwhelmed and research is missed.
I agree that sometimes it is just sheer laziness but it is a list group
for petes sake.
It is voluntary and no one is entitled to anything here.
No one is entitled to low bandwidth usage.
No one is entitled to an answer.
Anyone who signs up gets what they get and we can all make it good or
bad.
If you don't like an email, delete it and move on.
If you are concerned with bandwidth usage, unsubscribe.
I have seen people complain about bandwidth or post count many times.
If anyone is a bandwidth miser then why are they signing up for a
mailing list?
I never have figured that one out.

No one is entitled to a low number of posts that have been vetted for
relevence
and encompass the requests only the most worthy and learned of Asterisk
users.

There will be dumb questions, lazy questions, and silly questions.
Hell, I just asked a silly question 30 minutes ago.  It happens.
Bitchslapping the questioner accomplishes nothing.
Nothing gets learned other than "Wow, those guys are rude".
Getting on this site does not equal competency.
Many people can make it this far and just need to be taught the
etiquette and given the basic tour.
Getting frustrated over the extra emails is a waste of time.

Regardless, like I said.  I want the new guys to learn the ropes and
become old guys.
In all the most polite ways I mean this.  You do your thing.  I'll do
mine.
Which one of us will be helping the community?

The dog catcher who wants to euthenize all the noobs.
Or
The dog trainer that teachs them how to be part of the community?

The philisophical ball is in your court, though I would love to just
move on and call it good at this point.

Cheers,
Wiley