[Asterisk-Users] Re: Incoming echo cancel

Stuart Hirst stuart.hirst at holdentel.com
Mon Mar 14 16:11:14 MST 2005

Firstly, thanks to those that have taken their time to offer technical
explanations of problems, I know that it has helped my understanding of the
issues.

This is all fine as a technical discussion of the issue however this does
not address the symptom that a "percentage" of calls suffer from bad echo
and customers loose faith quickly.

We have a similar issue with a customer in the UK with an E100P card where
they get intermittent echo. Whilst intermittent, on some calls it was so bad
that at one point they stopped using the Asterisk based system and reverted
back to their Panasonic which for better or worse is still installed.

Where do we go from here ?

I guess that this is levied at Mark, Digium and the wider community, what
can we do together to resolve this dame echo issue. Lets leverage the
OpenSource ethos to is maximum and all contribute towards solving the issue.
I have the one customer where it is a serious problem and they would be
happy to act as a beta site to get some progress.

What can I and others do to help resolve this ? This fundamental issue could
impede * strategically in being accepted as a credible alternative for
larger installations.

Stuart