[Asterisk-Users] multiple enum results

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Mar 14 22:20:56 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Duane wrote:

> > Before I hack this into enumlookup.agi or write a new one, I'm just
> > curious, have others done this, or are there other better ways to do what
> > I'm looking to do?
>
> There was talk on the dev list on fixing this, not sure how far things
> went. I got tired of not having proper enum routing in asterisk I hacked
> up a php script ages ago to handle it...
> http://www.e164.org/enum.phps

I liked most of the way enumlookup.agi worked, just not how equal cost
records were handled, and was somewhat sickened by the number of
invocations of sed & awk (looks like about 64 seds)...so I basically
rewrote it in perl, ripping out some functionality I don't need, fixing
the handling of equal cost records while only sorting them based on
order/priority, and not iax hostname, and only using one external program
(dig).

Now that I've got this working the way I wanted, I'm wondering about a
suggestion a friend made.  Rather than equal cost NAPTRs, would it make
sense to replace those with single NAPTRs using iax names that point to
hostnames with multiple A records (for the various servers)?

How are things like IAX2 trunking handled when an IAX peer entry has a
host=NAME line where NAME has multiple A records for different hosts?