[Asterisk-Users] No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Sat Mar 12 12:52:37 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
> If asterisk is going to be modified to support LiveVoip expectations,
> then yet another Dial option would need to be implemented to
> force ringback to occur as an audio stream for iax only. Guess
> one could open a bug report for both LiveVoip and Asterisk, but
> not likely to be addressed any time soon since this is itsp
> dependent.

This would actually be a good idea to to do, simply provide a switch
different than 'r' that forces an audio string ringback.  Not only would it
work for LiveVoip, but for other circumstances as well.

Sure, one could argue that we're creating a band-aid for a problem that
shouldn't have to exist, but hey, if it works then I don't see why not add
it in.  People don't need to use the feature if they don't want to... :)

regards,

Paul