[Asterisk-Users] Vonage a provider?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:36:31 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:16:23 -0700, Wiley Siler
<wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:

How is this apparent, I would be glad to help you, when you ask. I
know you didn't ask for my help.

> It is MORE than apparent that you do not want to help me.
> Fortunately, I am not asking for your help.
>
> However, if you don't care to answer politely, then why answer at all?
Becuase that person is asking for help.

> Treating people crappy over an email is stupid.
So why are you doing it?

> Just ignore the noob and move on with your life if you don't want to
> answer.
As I stated before this has nothing to do with the noob.

> Regardless, you seriously need to come to terms with the fact that it
> WILL continue to happen.
I know it will, but you are not helping anything.

> New users will always equal people without a clue.
This is not true, if the research is done then they will have a clue.

> They will come here not knowing how to do anything or how to find
> anything.
Then how did they end up here? they got an invite in the post?

> <IMPORTANT DISTINCTION COMING>
> Whether they stay and become users, contributors, and purchasers of
> service or equipment has a lot to do with how they are treated at the
> outset.
> <IMPORTANT DISTINCTION COMPLETE>

This is about the only thing that you wrote that makes me think that
maybe I should have not put in the line about being lazy, so that
person stays around as a member of this community. But I doubt that
this will push him off (after what you wrote for sure not).

> If they do not KNOW that voip-info exists how are they supposed to look
> there?

Again and again, how did they end up on this list? That's the same way
they could find out about the wiki.