[Asterisk-Users] Vonage a provider?

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Fri Mar 11 13:16:23 MST 2005

It is MORE than apparent that you do not want to help me.
Fortunately, I am not asking for your help.

However, if you don't care to answer politely, then why answer at all?
Treating people crappy over an email is stupid.
Just ignore the noob and move on with your life if you don't want to
answer.

Regardless, you seriously need to come to terms with the fact that it
WILL continue to happen.
New users will always equal people without a clue.
They will come here not knowing how to do anything or how to find
anything.

<IMPORTANT DISTINCTION COMING>
Whether they stay and become users, contributors, and purchasers of
service or equipment has a lot to do with how they are treated at the
outset.
<IMPORTANT DISTINCTION COMPLETE>

If they do not KNOW that voip-info exists how are they supposed to look
there?
Because someone found the usergroup from Digium .com, they should know
how to use Google to site:lists.digium.com?  Or they should
automatically know where the Wiki is?  I recognize that there are links
they could have followed but it is just "noobitis".  They get
overwhelmed or don't know the next move. Or maybe don't know the
etiquite.  If they are just drifting through and not destined to be
users, they will go away.  If they are destined to be users, we should
shape them into good one. A good teacher would encourages them and move
on.  Not chastize them.

Research is the issue?  Then point them to where they should go and let
them do it.
I agree with your general feelings on when people come here looking for
htings they should be able to get themselves.
I just don't agree with how to handle it.

For you, it would be better for everyone if you just deleted the email
and ignored the person.
You would be happy and the person who asked could get an answer from
someone else.
Then we can correct the person so they can be a GOOD submitter to the
list.
That way we all benefit.

Cheers,
Wiley