[Asterisk-Users] Vonage a provider?

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Fri Mar 11 11:02:10 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Frank Abernathy wrote:

> I am new to the mailing list, but I am very interested in running my small
> home business office phone system using Asterisk.  However, Broadvoice, a
> VoIP provider of choice based on my research, is not available in my area.
>
> I currently use Vonage VoIP.  Their website mentions nothing about being
> able to link to Asterisk.  I was wondering if any US subscribers have been
> able to configure Vonage with Asterisk.  Or if anyone has found Vonage to be
> a non-compatible provider.

The only known (to me) way to connect Asterisk and vonage is to buy their
normal service using their provided terminal adapter, and then connect
that to a card in the Asterisk box, or to add on a "softphone" account and
feed those credentials to Asterisk so that it can connect with their
servers directly.

If you go to google and search for asterisk vonage site:lists.digium.com
you'll find references to several sample configurations.

Greg