[Asterisk-Users] E1 LED not lighting up....

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Fri Mar 11 00:09:17 MST 2005

I am no expert but I hope I can be of help.

What is your /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf?

There is 2 points it can be a problem that I have found, the cable, as
depending on requirements a normal patch lead or a specific pin cross
over cable maybe needed.

The other place is the span setup in the zaptel.conf and the signalling
in the zapata.conf

Depending on where in the world you are will dictate the span setup for
the E1.

Have a read of

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=configuration#T_E100P_PRI

It helped me out with the span configuration requirements.

James