[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic TDA200 E1 -> E100P negotiation issues

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Thu Mar 10 21:59:25 MST 2005

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this....

Asterisk 1.0.6 Zaptel 1.0.6 Libpri 1.0.6, 1 Digium E100P card installed
Panasonic TDA200 firmware v2.0.6 E1 Card Firmware 1.0.2

System is located in Australia, so as technologies go, I believe it is twist on the euro standard for the E1 signalling.

Here is the situation.

The TDA E1 card is set in cross over mode and I am using a functional standard straight through cable (sorry don't know the technical term, panasonic supplier gave me the cable premade with the card).

I have been systematically going through each and everyone of the span, signalling, crossover/patch cable settings I could find to see what would work.

To start if i use crc4 at any time I got no sync at either card.

I am pretty sure I need to supply clock with the connection as the TDA E1 is expecting to be plugged into Telco E1 link, but for testing I was trying every combination.

If I use span=1,x,0,ccs,hdb3 where x =0,1,2 the sync light appears on the E100P card but when i bring the TDA E1 card in service i get a sync error and a crap load of Red Alerts for every channel and a

Mar 11 14:40:35 NOTICE[3910]: chan_zap.c:7395 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: No more alarm (5) on Primary D-channel of span 1
Mar 11 14:40:35 WARNING[3910]: chan_zap.c:1931 pri_find_dchan: No D-channels available!  Using Primary on channel anyway 16!

At this stage I was pulling hair thinking what the.... but since murphy's law rules supreme i started thinking about other signalling types,  esf,b8zs is definitely not going to work so I tried.....

span=1,x,0,cas,hdb3 and suddenly i get across the board green lights on the E100P and the TDA E1, but once the sync actually completes I then get the same red alert's on every channel including the above d-channel error.

cas,hdb3 seems to be the way to go, although not generally used by what i have read on the net, but after sync it bombs out in asterisk, does anyone have any clues of what I could try next.

I tried all instances swapping between pri_net and pri_cpe in the zapata.conf

Following is all the relevant (I think) config files.

[root at redhat root]# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,2,0,cas,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
loadzone=au
defaultzone=au

[root at redhat root]# cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
context=default
musiconhold=default
switchtype=euroisdn
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
signalling=pri_net
overlapdial=yes
context=internal
callerid=asreceived
channel=>1-15, 17-31

After each change i reloaded the zaptel and wct1xxp modules and did a ztcfg -vv to confirm the change before restarting asterisk.

James