[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic TDA200 E1 -> E100P negotiation issues

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Mar 11 00:31:26 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, James Bean wrote:

> Hi, I hope someone can help me with this....
>
> Asterisk 1.0.6 Zaptel 1.0.6 Libpri 1.0.6, 1 Digium E100P card installed
> Panasonic TDA200 firmware v2.0.6 E1 Card Firmware 1.0.2
>
> System is located in Australia, so as technologies go, I believe it is
> twist on the euro standard for the E1 signalling.

Is the E1 card an isdn card or something else? There are a several
signalling systems that can run over an E1.

> If I use span=1,x,0,ccs,hdb3 where x =0,1,2 the sync light appears on
> the E100P card but when i bring the TDA E1 card in service i get a sync
> error and a crap load of Red Alerts for every channel and a
>
> Mar 11 14:40:35 NOTICE[3910]: chan_zap.c:7395 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: No more alarm (5) on Primary D-channel of span 1
> Mar 11 14:40:35 WARNING[3910]: chan_zap.c:1931 pri_find_dchan: No D-channels available!  Using Primary on channel anyway 16!
>
> At this stage I was pulling hair thinking what the.... but since
> murphy's law rules supreme i started thinking about other signalling
> types, esf,b8zs is definitely not going to work so I tried.....
>
> span=1,x,0,cas,hdb3 and suddenly i get across the board green lights on
> the E100P and the TDA E1, but once the sync actually completes I then
> get the same red alert's on every channel including the above d-channel
> error.

When running cas you do not have a D channel for the signalling. Instead
each voice channel has a few dedicated bits in channel 16 (hence Channel
Associated Signalling). This is used for E&M, loopstart etc and is
incompatible with the ISDN signalling that you tried.

> cas,hdb3 seems to be the way to go, although not generally used by what
> i have read on the net, but after sync it bombs out in asterisk, does
> anyone have any clues of what I could try next.
>
> I tried all instances swapping between pri_net and pri_cpe in the
> zapata.conf

You need to tell us more about what card you have in the Panasonic PBX.

Peter