[Asterisk-Users] multiple enum results

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Mar 10 20:20:14 MST 2005

I'm setting up a private enum zone to simplify/centralize dialplans for a
number of Asterisk servers.  In several dialed number situations, there
are a handful of possible destinations for the call, and I'd like to have
* try ENUMENTRY1, ENUMENTRY2, .., ENUMENTRYN just in case the first result
is temporarily unable to handle the call.  In at least some cases, I'd
also like the order in which the servers in the enum results are tried to
be random.  The wiki pointed me at enumlookup.agi for enum support of
multiple NAPTR results per lookup.

By default, enumlookup.agi will either return equal order/priority
NAPTRs as a single &'d result, or individual ones in order according to
NAPTR defined order and priority.  What I'd prefer is for equal
order/priority results to be returned separately in the order the DNS
server gave them, while still sorting by order/priority if they differ
among results.

Before I hack this into enumlookup.agi or write a new one, I'm just
curious, have others done this, or are there other better ways to do what
I'm looking to do?