[Asterisk-Users] One way speech from H.323 incoming calls, but outgoing calls are OK.

Mark Dutton Mark.Dutton at datamerge.com.au
Thu Mar 10 19:32:10 MST 2005

Hi everyone

I have successfully compiled and installed OH323 support (finally) into my
Asterisk.

I want to connect the Asterisk server to our Alcatel OmniPCX Office (OXO)
PABX, which has an internal H.323 gateway.

I have created the correct dialplans in Asterisk and same in OXO.

The OXO only supports G711a G711u G729 and G723.1 codecs.

When I call from a SIP phone to OXO using my Grandstream 100 handset with
PCMA as the first priority codec, I get perfect speech.

When I call from the Alcatel to the Grandstream, I get one way speeche, i.e.
I can hear the person on the Alcatel handset, but they can't hear me.

Is there any way to debug the connections so as to see what codecs are used
in asterisk? I can see all the call setup info with debug on, but I can't
see the codec info. It seems strange that the call will only work in one
direction as the Alcatel can obviously find a compatible codec when the call
is initiated inbound.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark Dutton.