[Asterisk-Users] OT: AstLinux 0.2.2 released

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Mar 10 11:11:10 MST 2005

Hello Everyone,

	I have released AstLinux 0.2.2.  There are way too many improvements to
list here, but here is a short summary:

	Linux 2.4.27, iptables, mini_httpd (with PHP & SSL), phpconfig,
AstShape traffic shaping, tftp server, OpenSSH, proftpd, Soekris Net4801
and Pentium-MMX and higher x86 support.  There is actually WAY more
software, but I couldn't possibly list it all.  It is now available as a
Windows install package (or 32mb Compact Flash image).  AstLinux 0.2.2
occupies around 26mb of disk space once expanded to flash.  The gzip'd
CF images are about 15mb and the Windows installer isn't much more (for
both images, the PDF user guide, and a copy of Putty).

	I had mixed feelings about which version of Asterisk to include with
this build.  I NEED native MOH, so I checked out a copy of CVS HEAD from
1/10/2005 and have been testing it for months.  I identified one minor
issue, but otherwise it seems to work perfectly (especially with native
MOH).  If enough people complain or have problems (I don't expect this,
of course) I will try something else.  In the future I will probably
include HEAD and a release, and give users the ability to chose which
they would like to run.  This build also includes the asterisk-sounds
package.

	NOTE:  This is still not for absolute beginners.  The Windows install
package is probably the easiest way to install an Asterisk system yet,
but you will still need to know how to edit configuration files by hand,
etc.  I am working towards a better web interface, but that will take
some time.  This is more for people that want to run Asterisk from
diskless and/or embedded systems.

	Downloads and documentation can be found on my web site:

http://www.kriscompanies.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner