[Asterisk-Users] Windows messenger 4.7.3001 does not have Account Tab ?

Torsten Krueger torsten at nrw-online.de
Thu Mar 10 15:00:43 MST 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Robert Webb wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:08:14 -0500
>   "Rafael J. Risco G.V." <rafael.risco at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello
> > I trying to test Ser and Asterisk with windows messenger
> >(Version
> > 4.7.3001) in my Win_XP-SP2 but in Tools->Options menu I
> >cant see the
> > "Account Tab", only appears
> >personal,phone,preferences,privacy and
> > connection tabs... can someone confirm if I am using the
> >correct
> > version?
> >
> > thanks
> > rafael
>
> Try a Microsoft list for troubleshooting Microsoft
> products....

Okay, but it should be mentioned that M$-Messenger is at least a dead
horse regarding it's functionality as a SIP client. SIP support has been
dropped in SP2 for XP.

So seems merely positive to me. Messenger won't be the Outlook of VoIP
telephony and we won't have to worry about strange implementations of SIP
and other standards.

Torsten Krueger

--
Media Online Internet Services & Marketing GmbH
Torsten Krueger           torsten at nrw-online.de
fon: 49-231-5575100        fax: 49-231-55751098
Kurze Str. 10                  D-44137 Dortmund