[Asterisk-Users] OT: AstLinux 0.2.2 released

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Thu Mar 10 14:44:24 MST 2005

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>     I have released AstLinux 0.2.2.  There are way too many improvements
> to list here, but here is a short summary:
>
>     Linux 2.4.27, iptables, mini_httpd (with PHP & SSL), phpconfig,
> AstShape traffic shaping, tftp server, OpenSSH, proftpd, Soekris Net4801
> and Pentium-MMX and higher x86 support.  There is actually WAY more
> software, but I couldn't possibly list it all.  It is now available as a
> Windows install package (or 32mb Compact Flash image).  AstLinux 0.2.2
> occupies around 26mb of disk space once expanded to flash.  The gzip'd
> CF images are about 15mb and the Windows installer isn't much more (for
> both images, the PDF user guide, and a copy of Putty).

Wow -- very impressive.  I have it downloaded but can't install it yet
(at work now).

I was working on the same thing and using a Gentoo build system for a
2.6 kernel and uclibc, but then went to glibc -- and now have a full
system (perl, python, etc) in ~57M.

Anyway I was just wandering if you had your build sources/scripts online
so that people could customize Astlinux?  I for one would like to be
using the stable cvs.

Thanks,

Jeb Campbell
jebc at c4solutions.net