[Asterisk-Users] OT: Best DB

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 10 09:45:01 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 08:57 -0600, Jay Milk wrote:
> IB/FB stores the DB in one file, but the file can span multiple drives
> if needed.  However, you can't select which table goes into which file.
> Personally, I don't think that's very feasible, nor is it required -- if
> a table is accessed often enough to be mission critical, large parts of
> it will reside in memory due to caching anyway.

Maybe I work in an odd environment where writes(updates and inserts) are
probably equal to or more than the reads. Caching isn't real helpful at
making the data get to disk faster. Caching helps for reads only.

I'll admit I haven't had to use this feature yet, but I see where some
people could really need it.