[Asterisk-Users] 3COM 3101 SIP

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Mar 7 14:02:01 MST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, PA wrote:

> I have been (un?)lucky enough to be given a 3COM 3101 phone as a demo to
> play with and see if I can get it to work with ASTERISK.  Supposedly it
> is SIP, but there is absolutely no documentation with the phone and it
> doesn't seem to have very many programmable options.  3COM doesn't seem
> to have any information on their knowledge base about this particular
> phone.
>
> Has anyone had any luck getting one of these to work?  It's a nice
> looking little phone, but so far that's my entire assessment.  I am at a
> loss as to how to get Asterisk to recognize it since it doesn't seem to
> allow for me to set a username, secret, or for that matter anything more
> than an IP address.

A while back (quite a while actually) someone on the list mentioned that
the 3com phones download their program from the 3com pbx every time they
power up. Without the program they are unable to operate. All this is
second- or third hand information.

Once bootstrapped they may be regular sip phones. Try searching the list
for "3com 3102".

Peter