[Asterisk-Users] 3COM 3101 SIP

PA taihome at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 7 10:42:12 MST 2005

I have been (un?)lucky enough to be given a 3COM 3101 phone as a demo to play with and see if I can get it to work with ASTERISK.  Supposedly it is SIP, but there is absolutely no documentation with the phone and it doesn't seem to have very many programmable options.  3COM doesn't seem to have any information on their knowledge base about this particular phone.

Has anyone had any luck getting one of these to work?  It's a nice looking little phone, but so far that's my entire assessment.  I am at a loss as to how to get Asterisk to recognize it since it doesn't seem to allow for me to set a username, secret, or for that matter anything more than an IP address.