[Asterisk-Users] TE110P module woes

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 03:44:56 MST 2005

On 7 Mar 2005, at 08:42, Alfredo Sola wrote:

> 	I don't think you can go to a customer and tell him to "reboot the
> PBX if it doesn't work", like a windows 98, especially after shelling
> out a nice amount for the card.

No, absolutely not. My powercycle advice is only relevant when you
change the config.
Once you (as the installer) have set up a working config, I wouldn't
expect to
switch the system off until you needed to physically upgrade it.

Personally I think that it isn't wholly unreasonable to have to power
cycle a card when
you switch from T1 to E1 or even change clock sources. Others disagree,
but I guess
I grew up in the age when cards were covered in DIP switches and any
change required
a powercycle.

If your card is locking up then call Digium support, you probably have
a hardware
problem. Either with the card or with the server.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/