[Asterisk-Users] TE110P module woes

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Mar 7 05:12:10 MST 2005

On March 7, 2005 03:42 am, Alfredo Sola wrote:
>  - Unplug the PRI. The green light stays ON!
>  - modprobe -r wcte11xp. Green light stays ON

The card is *most certainly* locked up.

>  - power up. Red light blinking at about 1 Hz.
>  - re-plug the PRI. Green light on immediately.

This is mostly normal.  Sometimes it will go green immediately, sometimes it
will go orange for a few seconds, then green.  It all depends on the exact
state of the card/driver.

>  - Asterisk won't start, known problem (ownership of /dev/zap should be
> asterisk... Another thing for the owner of Makefile). Corrected; on

Not true; this is only a "known issue" for those who do not run asterisk as
root.

> console, wcte1xxp says it sets/clears yellow alarm as Asterisk
> stops/starts.

What happens when you plug a loopback plug in to the T1?  (pin 1->4, 2->5) --
the TE110P should go up and stay up, and if it's a PRI it should be
complaining about CPE/CO side.

>  So... The driver works in any kernel I have tried, but if the card gets
> stuck, the driver won't take it out of that state. A power cycle, not
> even a reset, is required to recover functionality.

Call Digium and either get the card RMA'd or let them get in to your machine
ot see what they can do.  (likely the latter before the former).  This is
*not* normal.

>  I don't think you can go to a customer and tell him to "reboot the PBX
> if it doesn't work", like a windows 98, especially after shelling out a
> nice amount for the card.

Agreed 100%.  This is either a mainboard/card compatiblity issue or a dead
card.  Either way, Digium can help you if you call/email their support and
get the procedure started.  Support is included in that $500 price tag.

-A.