[Asterisk-Users] Bluetooth phone as SIP handset?

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol at rvdp.org
Mon Mar 7 02:37:27 MST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 18:25:53 -0600, Jay Milk wrote:

> In a word - No.  Generally, BT-capable phones can only control a headset
> or handsfree-set, but not be turned into a headset themselves.  It's
> akin to expecting to watch TV on your remote, as it controls the TV so
> nicely :)
>
> There is, however, an effort to have asterisk become the headset to a BT
> capable phone, which would allow the phone to be used as FXO through a
> $5 USB/BT dongle without further hardware.

Could the BT phone be used to dial numbers? What I have in mind in this.
Asterisk on a PC. A BT headset connected to Asterisk. This is the
audio input/output device. A BT phone connected to Asterisk too. You only
use the BT phone to dial a number (send a number over BT to asterisk).
So it is similar to using a phone/headset combination for mobile (GSM)
communication, but now you are using internet calls instead.

	rvdp