[Asterisk-Users] Bluetooth phone as SIP handset?

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Sat Mar 5 02:49:37 MST 2005

Quoting Jay Milk <jay at skimmilk.net>:

> In a word - No.  Generally, BT-capable phones can only control a headset
> or handsfree-set, but not be turned into a headset themselves.  It's
> akin to expecting to watch TV on your remote, as it controls the TV so
> nicely :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. Never mind! It would have been cool to use
my mobile as a handset to my home phone line, maybe one day!

> There is, however, an effort to have asterisk become the headset to a BT
> capable phone, which would allow the phone to be used as FXO through a
> $5 USB/BT dongle without further hardware.

I was aware of this through the Wiki, however this is of less interest to me
though I can see it would be cool to come home, plug your phone in to charge,
then receive all calls through asterisk...

Thanks for the info,

Chris