[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoIP Problems?

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sun Mar 6 19:50:10 MST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:22:48 -0500
  "Steven Frazier" <lists at futuresync.com> wrote:
> I have about 10 DIDs, I had an issue that lasted a day
>or so that was Level
> 3's issue, it took about 12 seconds before the calls
>would come in.  That
> was resolved and I haven't had any issues at all.  I
>appreciate the fact
> that there are reselling Level 3 DIDs since they seem to
>be in a lot of
> cities, towns and now some "burgs".  I have had
>excellent support response
> anytime that I have had issues.  I have talked to
>several folks there when
> the issue of the long wait for the call to complete.  I
>also had a call that
> advised me that the ringback issue appeared to be with
>asterisk.  I
> explained to them, like others have, that the issue is
>only with LiveVOIP
> not with other providers that I also have like TXLINK,
>Teliax, NuFone.  I am
> not a programmer, but they advised me that they problem
>didn't reside in
> SIP.  So, I took a chance to try it.  I ordered yet
>another DID with SIP vs
> IAX.  No ringback issue on the SIP configured DID at
>all.  Just to clarify,
> the ringback issue I have had (I believe this is what
>everyone is talking
> about) is if you answer via IVR and then complete the
>call you hear no ring
> back.  Or whenever the call has been answered on the
>asterisk box then you
> transfer you have no ring back.

I also have the ring back issue with LiveVoIP... I
verified this and it is the issue with the IVR answering
first and when ringing an extension, there is no ringback
to the caller.

However, I cannot fault Level 3 for this problem. I have a
second DID through Voicepulse which is also a Level 3
number. Their ringback over IAX works perfect everytime.

So for LiveVoIP to be blaming Asterisk for this problem is
plain BS. It is obvious they just do not know how to
configure their systems. If you cannot get it right, quit
blaming everyone else and take responsibility for your
issues.

I should have known something was up with a company that
changed their rates and plans every other day.