[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel.conf and multiple T1 woes

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sun Mar 6 11:54:55 MST 2005

Ben Ruset wrote:

> I have two Digium cards. One is a TE405P quad T1 card. The other is a
> TDM40B (I believe) quad analog POTS card.
>

> We have two T1's. Both of them are split in half (half voice, half data.
> - Don't ask me, that's how I inherited them.) Voice traffic flows on the
> back 12 channels of the T's.
>
> Our provider has been telling us that they are only seeing one D channel
> active. This would make sense if somehow only the first T1 in the 405P
> was activated.
>

> zaptel.conf:
>
> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
>
> fxoks=1-24
> bchan=12-23,36-47
> dchan=24,48
>
> loadzone = us
>
> fxsks=49-53
>
> and zapata.conf:
>
> context=from-pstn
> signalling=pri_cpe
> switchtype=national
> faxdetect=incoming
> usecallerid=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=400
> group=0
> channel=12-23,36-47
>
> context=from-pstn
> signalling=fxs_ks
> faxdetect=incoming
> usecallerid=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=800
> group=1
> channel=49-53

I could be wrong but.....
Wouldn't the channel numbering follow
more along these lines? That's assuming
you said that you've got the first span up
which would mean the TE405P is card 1, otherwise
it could be card 2.

card 1 = TE405P
===============
span 1 = channels 1-24
span 2 = channels 25-48
span 3 = channels 49-72
span 4 = channels 73-96

card 2 = TDM40B
1st port = channel 97
2nd port = channel 98
3rd port = channel 99
4th port = channel 100

Also, what do you mean by "I inherited them" ?
Where did they come from? Are you moving them
from another piece of equipment?
If so, are you sure the second span even has
a "D" channel? Maybe it was part of an NFAS group?