[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel.conf and multiple T1 woes

Ben Ruset ben.ruset at verizon.net
Mon Mar 7 05:11:57 MST 2005

I eventually was able to straighen out this mess by recompiling the
zaptel drivers. Of course when I did that, groups broke (for some
reason.) So I did a full reinstall and now it all works fine.

Ken Godee wrote:
> I could be wrong but.....
> Wouldn't the channel numbering follow
> more along these lines? That's assuming
> you said that you've got the first span up
> which would mean the TE405P is card 1, otherwise
> it could be card 2.

It would follow that scheme if we had full T's for voice. Someone
decided to get two T1's and split them 50/50 with voice and data, rather
than separate voice and data T's. Hence why I am using channels 12-23
for voice.

> Also, what do you mean by "I inherited them" ?
> Where did they come from? Are you moving them
> from another piece of equipment?
> If so, are you sure the second span even has
> a "D" channel? Maybe it was part of an NFAS group?

I am new to the company that rolled this out. So essentially I had their
entire Asterisk project dropped in my lap, including the wacky T1 setup.

I am sure the second T has a D channel since it is notated on our
paperwork, and it did not sync up correctly on our previous install.

As I said, a flatten and reinstall fixed all of the problems, so I am
not quite sure what happened. But it at least works now.