[Asterisk-Users] X100P Clone, Which one?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Mar 5 13:20:43 MST 2005

On March 5, 2005 02:46 pm, Paul wrote:
> Maybe one of the free web-based forum packages will eventually offer an
> "elitist" or "impatient" mode. Before you can post, you do the required
> reading and pass online exams. The idea is to weed out people who think
> README is just another geek buzzword. You have to know what a FAQ is and
> you have to know what RTFM means.

That wouldn't help.  If you're unwilling to learn, then this list isn't for
you.  Plain and simple.  OSS grows when people learn.

> Most of those people who tend to scold every newbie are probably
> "elitist pretenders". If they were truly elite, they would be too busy
> to read and reply to such posts. Of course some of us are just
> impatient, regardless of our skill level.

Believe what you want, and I'l continue using my Asterisk servers and
providing service to my customers.  As I mentioned to another poster, feel
free to manipulate your MUA's filters to adjust reality to your liking.

FWIW, I think only the truly elite possess the time to help out others, since
the "elitist pretenders" are too busy fiddling with their systems and trying
to get them to work properly to be able to help.  :-)

-A.