[Asterisk-Users] Bluetooth phone as SIP handset?

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Mar 4 17:25:53 MST 2005

In a word - No.  Generally, BT-capable phones can only control a headset
or handsfree-set, but not be turned into a headset themselves.  It's
akin to expecting to watch TV on your remote, as it controls the TV so
nicely :)

There is, however, an effort to have asterisk become the headset to a BT
capable phone, which would allow the phone to be used as FXO through a
$5 USB/BT dongle without further hardware.