[Asterisk-Users] timing/clock problem

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 3 12:05:18 MST 2005

Alex G Robertson wrote:

> Ok. I got that. But when I put another PRI from another telco (I use it
> for Dial clients) it "syncronizes". The clock differnce appear, but this
> Telco doesn't send me any alarms.

Yeah, I could see that working. As another responder already, spans from
multiple telcos are probably already synchronized to each other (or
very, very close), so the card's framer can deal with the slight
differences.

The difference between 1.544 and 2.048 is not something it can handle.

> I am in contact to Digium support and they did not say any thing about
> using E1 and T1 in the same card.

OK, I could have been mistaken, but it would surprise me if the card
could handle it :-)

> I can't understand why the clock synchronize when clock on span 4 is set
> to 0 and when it is set to 1, I get that 443 bps difference in the clocks.

I agree; I don't know why it would work that way either.