[Asterisk-Users] timing/clock problem

Alex G Robertson alex at microlink.com.br
Thu Mar 3 10:32:59 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On March 3, 2005 07:28 am, Alex G Robertson wrote:
>
>>span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
>>span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
>>span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>>span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>

> Wow you're the first person I've seen using a combination of T1 and E1 on the
> same card.  I wonder if this has something to do with it (i.e. a bug in the
> drivers).
>
> I'm assuming you have the jumpers for span 3 and 4 closed in order to get E1
> operation on them (I doubt it would work this far without).

Yes. Jumpers are ok.

> I would certainly be contacting Digium about this.  Span 4 being the only
> clock=1 should work just fine.

I am. I'm in contact to Digium support. They also don't know what is happening.
The problem appear exactly when I cofigure span 4 as clock = 1.

It just don't synchronize. Telco keeps sending yellow alarm because of clock
difference.

When clock on span 4 is set to 1, telco bit rate stays at 2048000 bps and mine
at 2048443 bps.

> Just for fun, you might want to try putting span 1 as your E1 uplink, span 2
> as your E1 loopback, and span3 and 4 to your T1 channel banks.... Just for
> trying to sort this out (remember to adjust the jumpers if you do this).

I have already done that, but to verify another situation. I was receiving too
many HDLC errors, and fo this problem nothing changed.

I will try that and send the result..

[]s
Alex Robertson

> -A.