[Asterisk-Users] Dial Application/redirection on demand

Calin Serbanescu calin at tts.ro
Wed Mar 2 15:29:06 MST 2005

Hello list,

Is it possible to implement an application that satisfies the following
scenario using agi and php?

- user picks up phone
- he wants to redirect all his calls to the cellphone
- he dials *400 for example and all the calls addressed to him are
diverted
- he comes back to office next morning, dials *500 and his redirection
is gone

Note: my extensions.conf is entirely rebuilt at 5 minutes from a mysql
database

I just want to know if that's possible and eventually some ideeas on how
to do it (i don't want examples, just a small schematic of how things
should work)

A hardware supplier came to me a few days ago and presented me a
solution of "PBX over corporate lan" which is very expensive and crappy.
It uses proprietary signalling, sends no caller id and uses redhat7.3 as
host os for the controller. Also, it works only on the same lan segment
as it uses broadcast for signalling. I want to show him that asterisk is
much better and i need to know how to do the application i described.

Thank you,
Calin.