[Asterisk-Users] How use Spanish / English prompts on same box

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Mar 3 00:18:40 MST 2005

Hi,

In addition to what has been said about how to do this in your
extensions.conf:

Asterisk assumes the prompts below /var/lib/asterisk/sounds are the default
language. If you specify a language setting for a channel (either in the
channel/friend/peer definition or by executing SetLanguage on the channel)
it will look for prompts in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/<language>/

So:

The English 'beep' goes in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
The Spanish 'beep' goes in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/

Ofcourse the choice of prompt ('beep') is completely random :)
Repeat this process for all subfolders.

You get the picture.

Best regards,
Florian