[Asterisk-Users] Getting Polycom IP500 to talk to Asterisk - um... Newbie question :)

Don Murray asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Wed Mar 2 15:21:09 MST 2005

Guys, thanks for the help...

Reading what Paul and Marty recommended made me start to understand what
that context= field in the phone definition really was.  I changed the
context= to "context=demo" and dialled 1000 and got the Asterisk demo
working!  Great! :)

I then switched back to context=sip in the sip.conf, added in the
extensions.conf a [sip] section as suggested by Martijin and could dial
between the phones using the extensions, plus get the demo!

So, anyway, I think I've found the on-ramp, thanks a lot!

I'll review Noah's and David's posts for further tips to improve this
base and then go back to the handbook.

The complexity is still a little daunting but I have 3 months before I
need to get an operational system up.

Thanks again,
Don