[Asterisk-Users] Getting Polycom IP500 to talk to Asterisk - um... Newbie question :)

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Wed Mar 2 14:06:30 MST 2005

Hey Don

Have you set up lines in extensions.conf for your two phones? You want
something like:

exten => 175,1,Dial(SIP/175polycom)
exten => 176,1,Dial(SIP/176polycom)

Ideally you'd actually want those lines to point to a macro that handled
voicemail on busy/no reply etc, but that's enough to get you going.

On the Polycoms, you might want to edit the dial plan so it doesn't require
a timeout or you pressing # (or the Send softkey) after the 3 digits, but
that's not vital.

If you're still stuck, give me a shout and I'll go through it with you.

Cheers
Paul