[Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, therethick!

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:49:02 MST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:01:38 -0500, Race Vanderdecken
<asteriskusers at codetyrant.com> wrote:

> When someone drives off the road into a ditch in a snow storm they last
> thing they need is someone telling them they should have invested in
> snow chains and defensive driving lessons before leaving the house.
>
> Newbies need help getting out of the ditch so traffic can continue to
> flow and the rubber neckers can be abated. If you are not willing to
> pull off to the side of the road and help the fool by pushing their car
> out of the ditch you have no right to give him the finger as you drive
> past.

I've come to realize, as both a past and present newbie on several
projects, there are those that will drive by and give you the finger
regardless of how much effort you expend, and there are those that
will stop and help even if you've done nothing for yourself.  People
are still people on lists, and there are those that are helpful, and
those that aren't.

As a newbie, if you just have some thick-ish skin, try to do you
homework, and expect to be flamed, I think you'd be happier.  I know I
am ;)

gs

--
I have some G-Mail invites.