[Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, therethick!

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Mar 2 09:43:40 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 11:01 -0500, Race Vanderdecken wrote:

> Why is it so difficult to just ignore any question with "Newbie" in it?

Because if nobody reads their questions they won't get any answers, and
until you read the question you don't know if it is an idiot question.

> Everyone has to start somewhere. At least the newbie found the list.

Questions like "I have ISDN lines do I need an interface card?" are
known as closed questions, they _only_ have 2 possible answers yes or
no. Newbiness is not an excuse for asking inane questions.

> The worse you can do is kick sand in their face.

I can think of many worse things, in the worst case you could give them
a lesson in comparatives and superlatives.

> This list is owned by no one.

Absolutely agree, that neither you nor I or any one else who has
responded with the same views own the list.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>