[Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, there thick!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Mar 2 05:21:46 MST 2005

On March 2, 2005 04:38 am, BCS Support wrote:
> "Ahhh man not another stupid newbie question! are these people completely
> lazy and thick? lets postup some sarcastic comment!"
> --- really usefull!

The only time I see these types of responses is when it's clear that the
question asker has not done any basic research.

> Yes I have spent hours researching on Google, but what may take me 3 days
> to workout, wading through pages of out of date information, can normally
> be answered by some with a little experience in seconds.

Perhaps you're not correctly asking questions then.

> Opensource is about a freindly, helpfull community of people who instead
> of choosing the large corporate companies, decide to give the little guy a
> chance.

Open source is *also* about helping yourself and not expecting a free ride.
As I said earlier, the only time I see newbies flamed out here is when it's
obvious that they are not doing any of their own research and want someone to
do their homework for them.  I gladly do that, but I always attach a rate
sheet for my consulting.

-A.