[Asterisk-Users] Why should I answer a Newbie question, there thick!

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Wed Mar 2 08:18:08 MST 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 4:38 AM, BCS Support wrote:

[snip]

> Opensource is about a freindly, helpfull community of people who
> instead
> of choosing the large corporate companies, decide to give the little
> guy a
> chance.
>
> Don't put people off just because their not the next Albert Einstein,
> otherwise the likes of Microsoft etc. have already won!

[snip]

I beg to differ. Open Source is not and should not be anti-corporate.
Open Source is simply a means to create **better** software, not about
communism and "looking out for the little guy". Don't forget that * is
sponsored by a "Big Greedy Company™".

Don't use Open Source as a social statement, use it only if the
software created meets your needs better.

Tom