[Asterisk-Users] Trying to do very simple Zaptel Config. NO LUCK!

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Thu Jun 30 12:48:55 MST 2005

See messages inline...

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
  David <dbw1977 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to do the world's most simple install.
>
> I have a Wildcard TDM400P with 3 ports: 1 FXS on port
> 1 and 2 FXOs on ports 3 and 4. (i'm not using port 3
> for now, put want it for expansion purposes)
>
> I simply (to start with) am looking to have the FXS
> phone ring when an FX0 port is dialed.  I would also
> like to be able to place outgoing calls on the FXS
> through the FXO.  Right now, I'm not interested in SIP
> or IAX... thats for me to handle later!
>
> I have the following *3* files:
>
> ***/etc/zaptel.conf***
> # Zaptel conf
> fxoks=1
> fxsks=3-4
> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us

Looks as it should...

> ***/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf***
> [globals]
> RECEPTIONIST=Zap/1
>
> LOCALTRUNK=Zap/4
>
> [incoming]
> exten => s,1,Answer()
> exten => s,2,Dial($(RECEPTIONIST))
>
> [internal]
>
> [outgoing]
> ignorepat => 9
> exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${LOCALTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
> exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,2,Playback(invalid)
> exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

Looks ok at initial glance.. But I did not take the time
to really think about what you have..

> ***/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf***
> language=en
> context=default
> switchtype=national
> signalling=fxo_ks
> channel => 1
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel => 3
> channel => 4

Here is where your issue is..

The channel= line signifies the end of any config
information for the channel(s) put here. And if you have a
config option for an earlier channels and either want it
to be different of not exist in a later channel, you must
make that know by adding that option for the current
channel config. So by what you have above, all three
channels are using the "default" context. Try using what I
have wriotten below:

***/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf***
language=en
context=outgoing
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1
signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming
channel => 3,4

The above will direct any incoming calls on channel 3 or 4
to the incoming context in your dial plan. It will also
direct any one picking up a phone handset to get dial tone
and direct what they dial to the outgoing context.

And by your dial plan above, they must use 10 digit
dialing.

Hope this helps.