[Asterisk-Users] Trying to do very simple Zaptel Config. NO LUCK!

David dbw1977 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 09:48:51 MST 2005

Hi,
I am trying to do the world's most simple install.

I have a Wildcard TDM400P with 3 ports: 1 FXS on port
1 and 2 FXOs on ports 3 and 4. (i'm not using port 3
for now, put want it for expansion purposes)

I simply (to start with) am looking to have the FXS
phone ring when an FX0 port is dialed.  I would also
like to be able to place outgoing calls on the FXS
through the FXO.  Right now, I'm not interested in SIP
or IAX... thats for me to handle later!

I have the following *3* files:

***/etc/zaptel.conf***
# Zaptel conf
fxoks=1
fxsks=3-4
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

***/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf***
[globals]
RECEPTIONIST=Zap/1

LOCALTRUNK=Zap/4

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Dial($(RECEPTIONIST))

[internal]

[outgoing]
ignorepat => 9
exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${LOCALTRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})
exten =>_9NXXNXXXXXX,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

***/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf***
language=en
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 3
channel => 4

Thats my entire setup.  I dont get any dialtone on the
fxs and the fxo doesnt pick up the phone when it
rings.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? THANKS in
advance for your help.

David