[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoip is Bankrupt - Why this thread

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 27 14:26:06 MST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 15:46, steve szmidt wrote:
> One could probably argue effectively for an Asterisk-Basic list. Or an
> Asterisk-Advanced user list. Something that makes it easier to get started
> without being overwhelmed by 10,000-15,000 users posts. A place that
> frequently posted links to the beginner pages on the wiki.

We've effectively argued it to death many many times over the course of the
last few years.  Check the archives -- it's been thought up and re-thought up
and dismissed each and every time.

Basic issue: nobody will want to sit on the newbie list because they'll end up
answering all the same questions over and over since nobody really seems to
want to read for themselves.

It's the same argument that comes around for forums, except that last time I
think we actually witnessed a man lose his mind on the mailing list.  That
was entertaining.  :-)

-A.