[Asterisk-Users] LiveVoip is Bankrupt - Why this thread

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Mon Jun 27 12:46:20 MST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 14:31, Michael Di Martino wrote:
> If this list spent at least half the time on helping other asterisk
> admins as it does on
> trivial things like LiveVoips bankruptcy it just might be a great list.
> As it stands now this list is kind of useless.  Most request for
> assistance with asterisk problems go unresolved of unanswered.

Lists with this number of new members have a repetiveness of the same
questions which people sometimes get tired of answering. Which is too bad.

However, even though it seemingly does not directly aid asterisk users it does
so indirectly. People on this list grow into becoming lemonade stand
operators and maybe even bigger service providers.

It is often done because people realize that "Wow, I can do it too!".
Unfortunately it's not something that lives in the world of the Internet, but
enters the heavily controlled area of phones. An area droght with
difficulties for any newcomer.

The thread is showing and giving reason to be a bit better prepared when
entering into this particular service industry. As such it is of great
importance to those wise enough to take note. For the rest it's just noise.

One could probably argue effectively for an Asterisk-Basic list. Or an
Asterisk-Advanced user list. Something that makes it easier to get started
without being overwhelmed by 10,000-15,000 users posts. A place that
frequently posted links to the beginner pages on the wiki.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin