[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk Implementation

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 22 08:33:25 MST 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:50:42AM -0500, Don Brearley wrote:

> I've been planning to replace my aging CENTREX switch with a new PBX and am seriously
> considering Asterisk as my solution.

You have a CENTREX switch?  I'm confused.

Do you have a PBX?
Do you pay for Centrex services from your phone company?
Do you have a Class 5 swith with Centrex features?

Why not take a cautious approach?

Leave what you have in place.  Install Asterisk and investigate the
various line interface options.  Enlist early adopters on your campus to
participate in the trial.  Connect Asterisk to your existing system with
PRI.  Gradually ramp up the Asterisk system and ramp down the existing
system.

--
Mike