[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk Implementation

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 22 10:55:42 MST 2005

> > I do understand that I would need to replace all of
> > my existing telephones with VoIP-capable
> > phones, and that I'll need to re-wire most of the
> > campus telephone infrastructure (it's still
> > all cat-3) -- these arent problems.
why do you think that you need to do that ?
you could just install 2 *boxs with 2 4 port t1 cards in each
(sangoma or digium) and (4 * 1500 - $6K)
300+ analog ports  (7 * 1K ~ 7K)
13 x 24 port channel banks (adtran ta-750)
or 7  48 port channel banks(adit 600)
feels less expensive than 300 voip hand sets
say 300 * 80 = 24K vs 13K