[Asterisk-Users] ee1000 Ethernet in Dell 1850

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Mon Jun 20 15:14:34 MST 2005

Digium's site now lists the Dell 1850 as a potential problem server, as it uses the intel ee1000 Ethernet chipset (as do a majority of servers in the
market!).

To my knowledge, ALL dell servers with Gigabit interfaces now use the same chipset. Does this mean the Digium cards can't be used in Dell servers
unless you disable the onboard ethernet?

I don't want to disable the onboard interface, as I use the IPMI management facility for lights-out management. I have a 2850 that doesn't have any
audio problems (the reason that I contacted Digium in the first place), so I'm wondering if Digium are simply guessing at problems.

Does anyone know anything specific about the supposed incompatibilities with the ee1000 kernel module?

There seems to be an ever-growing list of situations where you can't use the Digium cards. This is a concern to me.