[Asterisk-Users] Contexts Calling Each Other

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Mon Jun 20 15:07:40 MST 2005

I have a question about contexts calling each other.  We have one * box
that is setup for multiple companies.  Calls come into the default
context and that hands them out to the context for each company.  For
example, 1x goes to context1, 2x goes to context2, etc.  Each context
includes "outbound" which says that if you dial 1+ or a local number,
you are sent out to the Cisco gateway.

The question is "how do I set it up so that when a user from context2
dials a user from context1 (using the full 10 digit number), it goes
direct to context1 rather than going out to our gateway, out to the
provider and then back in again?"

I know I could add each context1 number to context2, but that doesn't
scale very well.  What happens when I have 20 contexts and each one has
10 numbers and they aren't contiguous.  I'm wondering if there is some
easy way to have the "outbound" context check "general" before dialing
out.  Can I just "include" general in the outbound context?  Or will
that create some sort of loop?