[Asterisk-Users] Bill seconds

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:07:24 MST 2005

On 6/16/05, David John Walsh <davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another way I have seen this done is to sell units, not pounds and pence credit
>
> eg a £2 calling card has 160 units (ratio of 80 units to the pound).
>
> If you were to charge 8p per min you make that 8 units per min.   This
> gives you a 20% increase which might help if your on per second
> billing to your upstream carrier.
>
> otherwise you need to make changes to your rating engine  with a "
> /60*58 " to re-rate all calls back to a second ( /60) and move the
> minuite charge to be a 58 second minuit (*58)
>
> how that is achived needs you to give specific information on which
> calling card platform you are using.
>
> You may have a problem in defining  the rates as "per minuite" if they
> are not a widely understood minuite legally - it depends on the laws
> of your country (in the UK the Trades Descriptions Act would apply and
> you'd be hit hard)
>
> David

What I'm about to wirte might be off topic, but since I was reading
your reply I couldn't resist.
What you are suggesting only works in England, Units, what? is what
you get in the states when you try doing such a thing, they want to
know how many MINUTES they get for the $, thats it. Being married to
an English lady I have relized (or relised????) that the English still
live in the dark ages when it comes to certain things, especialy
things that have to do with "thats the way it is". If you tell an
american 'this is it', s/he will think of ways to change it and make
it another way, thats why we have a '96 telecommunications act, and
why having cell phones in the states are the cheapest in the world.

"2 nations devided by a common language"
Winston Churchill