[Asterisk-Users] Bill seconds

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Thu Jun 16 17:23:44 MST 2005

<snip>

> What I'm about to wirte might be off topic, but since I was
> reading your reply I couldn't resist.
> What you are suggesting only works in England, Units, what?
> is what you get in the states when you try doing such a
> thing, they want to know how many MINUTES they get for the $,
> thats it. Being married to an English lady I have relized (or
> relised????) that the English still live in the dark ages
> when it comes to certain things, especialy things that have
> to do with "thats the way it is". If you tell an american
> 'this is it', s/he will think of ways to change it and make
> it another way, thats why we have a '96 telecommunications
> act, and why having cell phones in the states are the
> cheapest in the world.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

How is your electricity sold? Hour, Watt, or by unit (KW/h)?

And as for cell phones being cheap, you have a receiver pays setup! How good
is that, then you have so many competing Telcos that sometimes you just
cannot call the house across the street without tracversing 3 exchanges, and
then you have so many area codes (each of which is so small) that almost all
your calls are STD, then as for cheap, how is AUD$49.00/Month for all you
can eat (that’s about US$30/month) and all incoming calls are free, YES
FREE! :)

So much for the "american"(sic) always making things better.

The best phone and postal services by far in in Australia. There are no
peers at all.

Sorry, I just had to call that bluff