[Asterisk-Users] Bill seconds

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:36:00 MST 2005

Another way I have seen this done is to sell units, not pounds and pence credit

eg a £2 calling card has 160 units (ratio of 80 units to the pound).

If you were to charge 8p per min you make that 8 units per min.   This
gives you a 20% increase which might help if your on per second
billing to your upstream carrier.

otherwise you need to make changes to your rating engine  with a "
/60*58 " to re-rate all calls back to a second ( /60) and move the
minuite charge to be a 58 second minuit (*58)

how that is achived needs you to give specific information on which
calling card platform you are using.

You may have a problem in defining  the rates as "per minuite" if they
are not a widely understood minuite legally - it depends on the laws
of your country (in the UK the Trades Descriptions Act would apply and
you'd be hit hard)

David