[Asterisk-Users] Nasty little incident ...

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Jun 16 11:08:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Rich Adamson wrote:

> The E1 card does not receive "clocking" from any span. It "sync's"
> the on-board clock to whatever span you choose. If you watch what
> others have posted on the list over many months, you'll notice many
> have never specified a clock sync source. The problem they have is
> typically associated with clicking and other audio distortion; not
> a total failure.

Thanks for the correction - by "getting clocking" I didn't mean anything
more than syncing clock.

Nevertheless, I have had customers, though, with "dead"  TE410P setups -
exactly this person's symptoms.  The cause was having a span selected as
the "sync" span but having nothing connected to that port.  Adjust
zaptel.conf so that span is not a sync source ("0" in position 2) and the
board starts to work.

Steve