[Asterisk-Users] SER and Asterisk question

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Thu Jun 16 05:36:09 MST 2005

Dear All,

I am trying to make the phones always talk to each other (peer to peer)
using SER as a sip proxy, and incase the call is not answered we will
use the voicemail of asterisk and other feautures, I have done that
already, but in order to do so I found that I have to make the users
dial different exten numbers, here is an example:

user with exten 666 wants to call 999 .
666 dials 1999 and   which has a uri rule that says forward 4 digit
starting with 1  to the asterisk sip port
the asterisk extensions.conf has an entry for 1999  and dials
999 at ser-server, if not answered voicemail runs and so on.

ain't there a way to make 666 directly call 999 without using 1999.

--
Thx
MAG